FOX SEMINAR ON PD IN TAMPA FEB. 6
Partners in Parkinson’s is coming to Tampa on Saturday, February 6. The event features a full day of panel discussions, breakout sessions and a resource fair to connect you with clinicians, support and exercise groups and other resources right in the Tampa community.
Hilton Tampa Downtown
211 North Tampa Street
Tampa FL 833602
Saturday, February 6, 2016
8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Partners in Parkinson’s events cover topics related to all stages of Parkinson’s disease. Whether you’re newly diagnosed or have been living with Parkinson’s for years, you will learn:
• How Parkinson’s impacts everyone differently, and how to tailor a care team that meets your specific needs
• What to know, ask and expect at an appointment with a movement disorder specialist
• Updates on the most promising Parkinson’s disease research
• How to live well with PD by incorporating diet and exercise into your lifestyle
• The benefits of staying connected to loved ones and to the community
Registration opens at 8 a.m. and a continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Visit http://partnersinparkinsons.org to learn more or RSVP today.
MY WEEK FOUR REPORT ON ROCK STEADY BOXING
After four weeks of Rock Steady Boxing experience, I am an even bigger fan. Working out 3x a week has improved my balance markedly and decreased blah days. My training mates offer the same positive assessment Do it if you can. See my earlier post for details.
AARP PRESIDENT BOOSTS PALLIATIVE CARE
Palliative Care, often the missing link in PD management gets a boost from the heavy-hitting AARP.
IS GOLDEN OLDY ASPIRIN GOOD FOR PD?
Have a look at http://www.pdf.org/en/science_news/release/pr_1450710960
UPDATE ON NILOTINIB
My support group friend Doug Dear passes along these intriguing reports on the anti-cancer drug Nilotinib and its possibilitise for PD treatment: