When I started my PD writing and work in Tampa two years ago, I could not find much going on for local Parkies. Sarasota, yes, with Parkinson Place. Hillsborough and Pinellas, not so much.
Today the PD landscape is much different in North Tampa Bay. We have the JCC program, NPF choral and voice initiatives and PDF’s PD SELF training program, the one I am co-faciliatating.
I salute the tireless Darla Freeman for her many program contributions. See her reminder below and do participate if at all possible.
PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD FOR OUR NEXT FREE EVENT: LOVE LOUD PD GROUP…SET FOR PARKINSON’S (This group is supported by NPF Grant T05_PD Voice Therapy Program)
The Love Loud group provides SUPPORT, EDUCATION and TRAINING for persons with Parkinson’s disease, their care partners and the community.
- Aftercare program for maintaining functional daily communication for people with Parkinson’s disease
- Enhance quality of life for people living with Parkinson’s disease
- SUPPORT: Centralized resource to connect with local, regional, state, national and worldwide organizations to disseminate information (NPF, APDA, IMD)
- EDUCATION: Facilitate interactive updates in Parkinson’s disease. Provide a forum for professional and community education.
- TRAINING: Inclusive and supportive groups aimed at encouraging functional communication.
Meeting Date: Monday August 15, 2016
Location: Jimmie Keel Regional Library 2902 W. Bearss Ave., Tampa, FL 33618 Meeting Room A
Topic: To Eat or Not to Eat: Managing Swallowing and PD
1 thought on “Please Support This Very Worthy PD Training”
So touched by reading of your work and leadership for Parkinson People. What a perfect name, LOVE LOUD! You are indeed a perfect embodiment of servant leadership. Bravo😍👏👏👏. I see the Lord’s hand working in your life and heart. Blessings, Dolly